~Visit My Website!~

 photo olivia-oliviafortune-author-officialwebsite-oliviafortuneblogspotcom_zps53dfca98.jpg
"

Monday, January 28, 2013

Merry Christmas & Happy Birthday Jesus!


A very happy, wintery white, merry & bright, spritely...unicorny...rainbowy, feathery, & good weathery Christmas to all those random folk who happen to stumble upon my little bloglette from all parts of the world!


And Happy New Year!

There was no white Christmas this year...so this is me fudging the truth, photographically speaking.  ;)

Auld Lang Syne!-whatever that actually means.


Someone out there knows.


It sounds lovely & old, but for all I know it could be a Latin curse.  ;)

My seasonal greetings are a bit belated, true.

But I am always tagging along a bit behind all the rest of the surge of humanity.

I take time to stop & sniff at the roses, as it were.

Each.&.every.single.darn.rose.individually.

So, it takes a little while to accomplish...well...anything.  ;)


Anyhoo, I was just dancing with my lipstick red colored jumpsuit on the hanger.


Like the Invisible Man...or something...mental illness does run in my family...maybe you should run away from me now.  ;)

That which happens when a brother puts 'his' finishing touches on decking the tree.
(Dancing to Mika, of course!-I am obsessed, after all.)

Cheek to cheek, of course...with the jumpsuit...not Mika...but that could work too, right?

A visit from Jolly Old Saint Nick!
Alas, I am quite silly in that way.

The grand, Spanish Lady with a sprig of metallic holly clutched in hand.  ;)
Don't judge me.  ;)

Oops...probably too late on that one, isn't it?

It's okay.

I cross my heart & hope (not) to die, that I won't put a hex on you for the weird look you must have given me at my confession.  ;)

It doesn't/didn't feel terribly Christmasy to me.

'Old person' problems.

It's like you want to dig  your fingernails into the Christmas spirit & suffocate it to keep it close, watch every single, darn Christmas movie, see every freaking light, drink wassail with the donkey at the manger scene, ride a camel...yeah.

I don't know.

But I think it must be alright after all.

Because I am still happy.

Perhaps it's not the same feeling one had being little, tossing a letter into the chimney for Santa Claus to pick up (something I did, despite never having 'believed' in Santa), but I find (for the most part), I am happy.

To quote Agatha Christie, which I think I have done before...quite often, really.

(I am forgetful.)

"I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing."

 
Just watch, come tomorrow I shall be moaning & groaning, grandly, about something trivial.

The cold.

But stupid, small, inane things make me happy.

Do things like toothpaste, hats, trees, birds, quilts, fur coats, etc...make you happy too?











Ah, the one I dubbed 'the little, drunken lamby'.  You may have to look closely.
He's fallen upon his noggin after one too many a trip to the wassail bowl.  ;)  

Little moi wishes you a:

And Mika!  Because I can.  And he was my obsession all.through.Christmas.  Duh.  ;)


P.S.
Too hilarious not to include.  Mika's lovely rendition of "Let It Snow".  
Well, lovely until he completely loses it & forgets the rest of the verses...still somehow lovely.  ;)  Too funnies.



~Merry (belated) Christmas~

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to update soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall soon indeed, my anonymous friend! I really am a terrible blogger. I get distracted by other endeavors & completely forget about blogging. ;)

      Delete